Thursday 31 May 2012

Complain-y

On Tuesday I received a £20 voucher for a well known Italian-esque restaurant chain (ok, Prezzo) following some fairly robust feedback I had left on their website. The sticking point had been a "tomato and onion salad" that consisted of a fridge-cold supermarket value-range tomato cut into six, a small red onion hacked into thick rings, and approx 0.5mls of vinaigrette. Admittedly I have been spoiled by six years of WI-catered buffets at the village hall, but this still seemed sub-par.

Anyway. I was pleased with the voucher (just remind me not to order any side dishes this time!) but one sentence in the letter stuck in my craw a bit: "The duty manager informs me he would have been happy to replace any dishes you were unhappy with if you had brought this to his attention at the time."

DUTY MANAGER? I could barely find a waitress to take our order. They had three staff on between 70 people. We were in for a quick bite; I'm hardly going to wait 15 minutes to get a salad replaced that I will have to eat way after I've finished my main course, like some weird über-healthy dessert. And who's to say the new one will be any better? If that's what they think constitutes a salad, it's hardly like Jamie Oliver is going to race into the kitchen and show them how to do it better. Anyway, I have never lost The Fear that if you complain in a restaurant your meal will come back invisibly garnished with bogies and spit.

Bring it to the duty manager's attention. Pfft!

No comments:

Post a Comment