Wednesday 6 June 2012

Niggly



I'm having one of those days when nothing really major goes wrong, so you don't feel properly entitled to be grumpy, but a string of trivial things make you quite irritable. Here is the list, and yes, I do realise that compared to pestilence, famine and world hunger they are pretty trivial.

1. A large, very thin spider has taken up residence in the bathroom. Just as I went to put the plug in and run my bath this morning, I saw one of her legs retract into the plughole where she was hiding. I couldn't stomach the thought of drowning her, so I had a shower instead, and my unshaven legs feel like Velcro.

UPDATE: I might as well have shaved my legs, as Reggie has just eaten her. "What's that in your mouth, Reg? Cotton? Oh..."

2 .Tried a new hair styling product. Hate the smell and it's lingered all day. I smell like a Year 9 boy's changing room.

3. I am on Morning Cat Duty for a friend, whose house I pulled up at on the way to work before realising I hadn't brought her front door key with me.

4. Left my mobile in my husband's car yesterday.

6. Was meant to be at work until 1.15. Stayed chatting until 2.45.

7. Naively volunteered to fill the lawnmower petrol can. Little did I know that petrol pumps have about the same flow rate as a fireman's hose. Drenched the forecourt and myself, much to the amusement of the men in the booth. (The petrol can got about half of it.) This proves that I should have absolutely nothing at all to do with the cutting or maintenance of lawns.

8. Tried to saw a slice off the bread I made last night, which has the approximate colour, texture and heft of one of Moses' tablets of stone. In so doing, robustly grated the antistick coating off the kneading paddle which had stuck in it.

9. Listened to answerphone. Man meant to be purchasing loft ladder at 9.30am tomorrow had left angry voicemail from outside my house at 9.30am today.

10. Don't know. Too scared to move off the sofa.

No comments:

Post a Comment